- 2 lemons
- 6 cups (1.5 L) fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 4-1/2 cups (1.125 L) club soda or sparkling water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice
- Using vegetable peeler, cut strips of lemon rind from lemons, leaving white pith behind.
- In saucepan, bring lemon rind, blueberries, sugar and 2 tbsp water to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain through fine-mesh sieve into pitcher, pressing on solids and scraping mixture against sieve with a spoon. Place plastic wrap directly on surface of liquid; refrigerate until cooled, about 2 hours.
- Gently stir club soda and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. Serve over ice.
- Turn the drink into a party-worthy cocktail by adding a splash of gin or vodka and a sprinkling of chopped fresh mint.
Recipe Courtesy of – Canadian Living